DRONE FRAME WAXED - 52 pack ($2.59 ea.)
The waxed cousin of our original drone frame. Developed in conjunction with Jeff Pettis under a USDA Trust Fund Cooperative Agreement, the drone comb frame was introduced as a non-chemical form for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to fight Varroa mites. Colonies instinctively build drone comb to maintain a healthy hive. Rotate frames in and out to manage Varroa mite levels. A bright green color makes it easy to identify drone frames. Simply remove the drone frames, scrape clean or freeze to kill and eliminate parasitic mites, and replace randomly. Another Pierco innovation in beekeeping equipment & technology. Learn more about IMP, Varroa Mite management here.
- Color: Bright Green
- Wax: Coated with natural bee's wax sourced in USA
- Material: Our proprietary blend of food grade plastic
- Fits 9-5/8" depth supers
- Great for Integrated Pest Managment (IPM) in the fight against parasitic honey bee mites
- Excellent for queen rearing
- No assembly required and super durable
- Consistent and uniform cell depth (6.6 mm) for increased production
- Impervious to wax moths and rodents
- Case Count: (52) frames per box
- Case shipping weight: 35 lbs.