Apiguard - 3kg Tub
Keep your bee colonies healthy by using Apiguard for Varroa mite treatment.
Apiguard is an organic, slow-releasing thymol miticide. It is a natural Varroa treatment that is easy to use and widely used by beekeepers to protect their colonies.
Apiguard treatment is designed to control Varroa mite populations in a colony. It’s an effective treatment against Varroa mites, tracheal mites, and chalkbrood.
The Apiguard gel comes in aluminum trays that are ready to install in your colony for immediate Varroa mite treatment. The gel is slowly released over a fourteen-day period.
How to Use
- Place the Apiguard tray at the top of the frame, centered over your bee colony.
- Replace the tray after ten days if it’s close to empty.
- Leave the second tray in place for up to four weeks for complete treatment for Varroa.
Note: This product is not approved for use during a honey flow. This treatment should be used after a honey harvest. See instructions and packaging for more details.
- Efficacy between 85 percent and 95 percent
- Use in temperatures between 60°F and 100°F.
- Use two - 50 g treatments per hive with an interval of fourteen days in the summer months just after the honey flow.
- DC804 - 25 g trays are ideally sized for nucs and small colonies
- Natural treatment
- Do not use during honey flow.