Varroa Mite Test Bottle
- Conveniently includes 1/2 cup measure - stores easily inside.
- Lid seals tight to avoid liquid leakage - lid seals tight with 3 strong clamps.
- The basket has a built-in hook that hangs on edge of cup while liquid drains.
- The removable basket has a handle that makes removal simple - quickly count mites.
- The transparent bottle allows accurate counting and reliable sampling
- Designed for effectiveness: Fallen mites pass through holes in the base and sides of the basket
Number of mites = % Varroa infestation
3% for 300 bees
2% for 200 bees
(adjust according to sample size)
Depending on location and the time of year, alert thresholds range from > 1% to 5%. Check with your local association to determine thresholds in your area.
For more Varroa Mite management - click on the link below - provided by the Honey Bee Health Coalition.