Lyson 12 Frame Motorized Extractor
This Lyson 12 frame motorized honey extractor is a perfect in-between size for the hobbyist with at least a few hives.
Is a 4 frame extractor not enough, but you don’t quite need a 20 frame? This 500mm motorized radial extractor from Lyson was designed as a sweet spot for hobbyists, handling 12 frames without adding extra bulk.
Frames fit radially so no need to flip them during extraction!
- Can extract 12 medium (6-1/4"), or shallow (5-3/8") Langstroth frames (2 deep frames may be extracted tangentially with optional adapters) - Price includes adapters for deep frames
- Stainless steel drum: 20" diameter X 24" tall
- Heavy duty welded stainless steel basket (4 segments, 3 frame per segment)
- Hinged clear Plexiglas covers: Watch the whole process!
- 120V: 1/3 HP variable speed motor
- Stainless steel honey gate
- Adjustable height steel legs with bolt holes for attachment to floor
- Floor to drum clearance of 13"-17" (assembly required)
- To extract deep frames, select the Deep Adapter option to include two tangential inserts. The deep frame inserts allow you to extract two deep frames tangentially.
Radial vs Tangential What is the Difference?
- Frames are parallel with the center of the basket. Only the comb facing outward is extracted.
- Frames must be flipped multiple times to extract both sides and to prevent blowouts where the comb breaks due to the weight of the honey.
- Better for thicker honey as it's easier for honey to move perpendicular, than to move at a slight angle like that of the radial extractor.
- Frames face the center at a slight angle so comb on both sides can be extracted.
- Frames don’t need to be flipped.