5 Frame Nuc Bottom Board - Wax Dipped
Quality Weather Proofed flat NUC bottom board with attached 3/4" pine beeways provides a simple, yet effective means for providing the bees with an entrance to the hive:
- Fits standard (9-1/8 wide x 19-7/8 long) nuc boxes.
- Made from Medium Density Laminate (MDO) Plywood with attached 3/4" pine beeways
- MDO is super strong and much more resistant to the elements than regular plywood dipped in Paraffin and Tree Rosin to provide extra protection against sun and rain!
- No painting necessary!
- READ MORE ABOUT PARAFFIN/ROSIN: After assembly, 100% of the box is submerged into the pre-heated solution which extracts moisture from the wood cells and the solution penetrates those cells acting as a sealant.
- WHY IS THERE MORE WAX ON DIFFERENT PARTS, AND LESS WAX ON OTHER PARTS? The cambium and cells of the wood are not all the same size; some cells are larger than others thereby absorbing more (or less) wax, but rest assured, the entire box is weatherproofed.